Tuesday, August 19, 2008

To Lime? To Salt?

We all like to frequent a Mexican restaurant, Cinco de Mayo because of their large margaritas and excellent deals on Dos Equis... Our favorite waiter will ask, "To lime? To salt?" for each drink order. It's pretty comical.
Anyway, if you haven't guessed, M&M is now lime sized and weighing in at half an ounce. This is one fast growing baby! Apparently this is a big week for reflexes.

Mom, Bri and Nate all left yesterday morning. We all had a good time, even with 6 of us squished into my tiny apartment, plus 2 dogs :) Nickie & Gene lent me their awesome air mattress--which is more like a blow up queen size bed--and it took up most of the living room! As predicted--there was much activity centered around eating. Ha ha. But we did make it to the Floyd Jamboree on Friday, the farmer's market in Roanoke on Saturday, Chateau Morrisette on Sunday, and played a few games of Scrabble and Balderdash in between.

On several car rides--Mom, Bri and Nate worked on name suggestions for M&M. They came up short. But maybe this is because they were listing off every street sign in sight--and then moved on to naming characters from movies or trashy romance novels. Such as Atticus, Scout, Trevelyan, Percival, Ginny, Harry, Ariel, Aurora--and they only got more ridiculous. Mom really likes Francesca and Olivia. I like Olivia, but Jeff and I both agree that Francesca is out--we don't like the nick name Fran, or Frannie... Too plain! Anyone have any boy name ideas? Girl names?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best nickname for Francesca is Frankie...a few steps up from Fran. Stella, Tallulah and Lola are nice too. I dated a guy who's niece was Aurelia....wasn't that Sleeping Beaty's name?

Anonymous said...

well I like Olivea. grandma

Anonymous said...

well I like Olivea. grandma

Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie!! Love your blog, by the way! It entertains me every day :-) Olivia is cute...really popular right now though. What is the last name gonna be??
Leslie

M&M + C said...

N-Hey I like Frankie--that's cute! I'm going to add Lola to the list--I like that too :) Sleeping Beauty was "Aurora".
L-Yeah, I'm trying not to pick anything too popular, unfortunately I really like Isabel--also very popular! Last name is going to be Mangold...