Monday, August 4, 2008

Drum Roll Please!

Yes, M&M is now comparable to a kumquat. What a strange little fruit! Apparently you have to chew the sweet skin to counteract the super-tart juice inside. I've never tried one, but I think I'm going to pick one up next time I'm at the grocery.
Back to the subject at hand... M&M is an inch long this week! Her kidneys, intestines and brain are beginning to function--and her liver is even making red blood cells. She has a giant head--it's half the size of her body! I'm amazed that so much action takes place in so little time.

In other news...
I made some blueberry and walnut pancakes yesterday that were yummy--and it was my first pancake attempt without the aid of Bisquick--which is FULL of trans fats FYI!
Jeff & I went to Kabuki for dinner last night to celebrate the closing year of my twenties. Boo! But dinner was tasty, and we were the only two at the table--it was nice to have our own personal chef :) Jeff claims he rented out the place--haha.
I received a new cactus(one of my gifts from Jeff), Seor Spiney, who is chillin villain style in my windowsill. So now I have a little bit of my beloved Arizona in this overly green state of VA :) I got a bunch of calls and texts yesterday--it was nice to hear from everyone--thank you!!
We've been watching a lot of movies instead of going out--this weekend we watched Charlie Bartlett, 21 and Death at a Funeral. Bri talked me into renting Enchanted--which was cute, I admit. But it would have been a lot more entertaining twenty years ago! Sorry Bri! :0

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kumquats are yummy! but a bit of an acquired taste.

Sam V. said...

I am not quite sure what size a kumquat is (except for the photos of it next to the quarter) but that fact that it has kidneys and such is amazing!
Adorable. I am going to through my 2 cents in for a girl M&M cause I want to buy it some cute dresses!!! Ummm...have you seen Baby Gap! So cute!
I am excited you started a blog and can't wait to see this journey through your eyes. HUGS!