Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Mom is arriving in T-10 hours!

And she's waiting to board her plane right about now! Nine more hours of traveling and she'll arrive in good old Roanoke. Sans Cleo. Don't let the picture confuse you...
Tonight we won't get to do much since she gets in so late--but hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get some quality mother-daughter time in :) Jeff is going to take her hiking to McAfee's Knob on Thursday--it has a great view, I think she'll enjoy it. Nate is coming in on Thursday (i already have cheese & crackers waiting for you Biznatch!) and Bri on Friday morning. My apartment is going to be packed! Ari will be so excited.
Speaking of Ari--she's been mopey lately, so yesterday I bought her three new toys. Her favorite, of course, is the new nyla-dental bone. She likes to sit on the couch with me and chew her bone--which I'm not crazy about, but tolerate because I'm a sucker! She's also making out in the food department. I cut her new food back too much and her little ribs started showing. So I kind of freaked out and have been feeding her lots of tasty snacks.
Jeff has been working like a dog--yesterday he worked from 9am-midnight. He said he smelled like a chicken wing by the end. Luckily, I didn't have to find out if that was true! I won't even see him until Thursday. But he's off for the weekend after that--so plenty of quality time with Mom, Bri and Nate :)
Side Note: It really annoys me that I haven't gained any weight--but my jeans barely close. WTF??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SURE DO HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A GREAT TIME WHILE MOM IS VISTING ENJOY HER .GRANDMA