Friday, August 8, 2008

Another Theory... (just for bri)

Have you ever sat down to a tasty, steaming stir-fry--and suddenly it hits you... What's the deal with the baby corn? Why is it so tiny? Where does it come from?
I have the answer. Baby corn is the stunted, reject corn from the regular corn crop harvest. Yup--it's not baby corn at all! More like, the outcasts of the corn community. Never to reach the full potential of the regular, normal corn. Forever stuck in stir-frys and pasta salads.
I hope you won't discriminate against baby corn because it's a stunted reject. Personally I'm an equal opportunity corn eater.

In other news...
Mom is coming in to visit the 'Burg on Tuesday night--with Bri & Nate also visiting the following weekend. I'm not sure what we're doing yet, but I've got a feeling it's going to involve copious amounts of eating :) Mom turns into the queen of snack whenever she leaves Phoenix (it's true Mom!) and I'm sure Nate & Bri will be happy to follow her lead!

Possessed Dogs
Last night around midnight, I'd just settled into bed, cozied up with a Janet Evanovich novel. A few minutes later, Ari started growling and barking from her crate, which is right next to my bed. Luci responded with a deafening bark. I didn't hear a thing besides the whir of a/c units from the apartment complex. This barking back and forth continued for about ten minutes, with me yelling at them in-between to shut their traps. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, and shoved both of them in the hallway and slammed the door. It worked! Ahhh, beautiful silence.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! the baby corn theory!

why aren't you reading twilight?

Anonymous said...

I think I remember hearing this theory before....are you planning on writing your own book of theories? I resent the queen of snacker comment!

Anonymous said...

glad you filled me in on the baby corn.always wondered how they got it that size gram