Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's only money, I can get more?

Does anyone know how to escape Target without spending $50?? I bought ONE frivilous item--a $3 tube of Burt's Bees chapstick. I'm not kidding, the rest was cleaning supplies, toiletries and toilet paper for my new peeing hobby. Jeff, on the other hand, bought some gadgets to use at work which he is very excited about. He rigged up a sharpie on a retractable key chain so he can clip it to his shorts at work and whip out the sharpie with the greatest of ease. Haha. And he got a flashlight that can be seen from 2 miles away. It's all very exciting. ;)

We went to The Cellar last night for dinner with Jeff's friends Jeff and Laurie. We sat at the bar downstairs, so we got to have Nate's buddy Tom as our bartender/waiter. I ordered a pasta special, striped pasta with marscapone cheese and sundried tomatoes--it was pretty tasty. And it really was striped with red! We got to see Obama's suprise attack while we were there--everyone was pretty excited--no Republicans in that room! We also dropped by Rivermill and checked out the new music venue--The Lantern--which used to be a skeezy dance club with really scary booty dancing. The Lantern is definitely an improvement! One of Jeff's friends was drumming in the band that was playing. They played some pretty cool covers.
Okay, time to attack some homework!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target is evil!!!

Anonymous said...

well I can go there and come with nothing cause I never have learned to cshop in ther myself Ha gramama

M&M + C said...

I'll teach you grandma! ;)

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I feel your pain. Target is an addiction of mine as well :-) The beauty products, the cute house stuff, the books...ah, and now you will know, the cute baby clothes! I have to buy something for my daughter every time I go :-)

M&M + C said...

Haha--i know! i love target, evil bastards. so far i've been steering clear of the baby sections--but once i find out if it's a boy or girl, it's all over!