Friday, August 1, 2008

"The baby? I don't really know much about it other than, I mean, it has fingernails, allegedly." (Juno)

M&M may not have fingernails as of yet--but she (my wishful thinking) is starting to grow some microscopic teeth! Her heart is also almost fully formed, and her "tail" is about gone. She's also been compared to several different kinds of foods--which are doubling in size each new week. Last week (week nine), she was a kidney bean. Now, towards the end of week nine, she's a grape or green olive. Stay tuned to find out next week's mystery fruit... ;)

In other news... (those of us who have all of our body parts)
Jeff is starting his new job on Monday. After six years at the Rivermill--he's pretty excited for a change of pace!
My last day of summer school was yesterday and I'm happy for the break. I managed to finish up well, despite the recent distractions! Finally, I can read the pile of books I've been wanting to read, guilt-free :) Bri sent me some new vampire books I'm excited to try out.
Steppin' out is happening this weekend in the 'Burg and Ian's girlfriend Sedef is in town from Turkey for the weekend--so Jeff and I are going to hang out with them at Steppin' Out Saturday and possibly check out the wine tasting at Vintage Cellar. I will be living vicariously through the three of them of course--maybe I'll bring a snack to keep M&M satisfied. Or maybe I'll just camp out at the peanut stand--they have like 10 flavors of roasted peanuts--yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie i love the idea that you have started a blog. Will be nice to keep up on her or the baby maybe i should say.Great start Love Grandma

Unknown said...

yay! we're excited about the blog :) and can't believe M&M is already grape-sized!