Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Go into labor already!"


Said my doctor at my appointment yesterday... I still haven't felt any contractions yet--but I'm feeling very whale-ish! So next week Cadiem is due, and if he decides to be late (like his parents ;), they'll do a thorough check on his health--and decide whether to induce from those results.
Apparently, the placenta has a life span, which I was not aware of and this is the reason they no longer allow pregnancies to pass 42 weeks. Crazy! That's the first thing that hasn't in the book Bri got me! :)


I finally have more pictures of the nursery to post, even though it's not totally finished... I'm still working on a painting with his name that I'll hang above his dresser. I also still need to label the bins that I used to organize Cadiem's random stuff--I'm a freak, I know. I think it's all of that 5S training :)
Cadiem has been gifted some really cute items, I thought I'd post a couple things--I'll have to take more pics. Anita (my stepmom) is a sewing wiz--she made these really cute burp cloths. It's going to be sad when the baby spits up on them. Haha. Darlene & Terri (Marty's mom and sister) also make afghans, quilts and apparently blankies :) I posted pics of those from the shower.
And thanks to my mom and her friend Jennie (and Bri;), Cadiem's feet will be stylin. The "Robeez" are supposed to be really great because they don't have hard soles which are really bad for developing baby feet. How cute are those booties!? Bri actually had dibs on them from when my mom used to sell baby shoes--but she didn't want Cade's little feet to get cold :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the nursery looks great! I love the green!

Anonymous said...

Love the nursery! Where did you get the dresser from? (oh and REALLY love that chair!)

Anonymous said...

Ok my last comment posted before I finished writing my name......grrrrrrr

M&M + C said...

thank you!
I got the dresser on amazon--but it's made by "DaVinci" baby furniture :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, go into labor already!! Hmmmm.....maybe all the spice in Nichole's curry tomorrow will get things moving?
Gene is so excited...he's been talking about babies all week!! If we can keep him up past 8 oclock he'll make a great babysitter :)

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

OMG! you're almost there! i love the nursery btw, it's turned out great! the painting and assembly begins for us this weekend. good luck on labor, i'll be sending positive vibes your way!!! :)