Monday, February 16, 2009

37.9 Weeks... And an exciting evening in...

My evening is encompassed above... Do you have any idea how difficult it is to paint your toenails with a giant baby belly in the way? But, sexy toes are a must when you're a whale (as Ethan likes to call me). Gotta have it goin' on somewhere! While we're on the subject of the whale belly--Jenni gave me some Burt's Bees Belly Butter--it's pretty awesome, and works great on my scaly legs :)
Ari found a long lost bone under the couch tonight--and she and Luci have been stealing it from each other for the last several hours. Somehow, it never gets old (for them that is). Ari likes to camp out under my legs while Luci stalks her, waiting for an opportunity to dive for the bone.
Poor Jeff has been working nonstop since Thursday. I miss him! I told him I'm starting to speak dog--Ah! At least he has Wednesday off, and we're excited to go pick up our new chair in Roanoke.
Last night, I decided to make mushu again--my own recipe. Which I actually liked much better than Emeril's recipe :) However, I couldn't find the Chinese pancakes anywhere (big surprise, right?), so I decided to make my own. Flour, water, and sesame seed oil--how hard could it be, right? WRONG! First off, I haven't used a rolling pin since the last time I made an apple pie, which was about five years ago. No likey the silicon roller! I'd rather use wood. Anyway, I made the pancakes but they were nothing like the ones in the restaurant. I think you definitely need a double sided griddle and some kind of crazy steamer to make them work. Ugh, two hours of work and a kitchen (and belly) full of flour. Never again! Jeff was nice enough to eat the entire tough pancake--and even thanked me for my cooking efforts several times. Isn't he the best!? :)

No comments: