Tuesday, October 7, 2008

19 weeks and M&M is on the move!

That's right! We're at nineteen weeks! And, if you haven't guessed, M&M is now the size of a large heirloom tomato and weighs about half a pound. Where do they come up with these crazy size comparisons? So this week, M&M's senses are developing and he/she is sprouting hair! Anyone want to bet that it will be wild brown curly hair? (If you haven't met Jeff--he has hair pretty similar to mine :) But there are exceptions of course, Jeff's son Jeffrey has straight white blond hair. Jeff calls him a toe head? I really don't get that expression... Anyway, I've also been feeling the baby move! Mom says I should be feeling little kicks soon as well. Here's the weird part--I got on the scale this morning--and it hasn't moved. Weird!

I have a maternity clothes rant:
Do the people that design maternity clothing think that people having babies are 75 years old? What's up with the baggy legs and shapeless-baggy ass? Maybe they need an anatomy lesson. And what's up with the ugly-plain-high-necked-school-marm shirts? I have new boobs and I want to show them off damnit! Do they think pregnant women are giving up on looking attractive? That we want to look like a shapeless tent? What gives? I searched Ann Taylor, Gap, Motherhood, even by beloved Nordstrom (all online, no shopping around here). And they all SUCK. Ugly ug ug. But, to my great surprise, Old Navy rocks! They were the only store I found that carried cute jeans that weren't $200. I got a pair that has an elastic band built in to the waistband that you can't see, and they actually fit in the butt and legs :) I also got some cute trouser jeans that have an adjustable elastic band on the inside so they can expand with the growing belly. Plus, a denim pencil skirt that also has an adjustable elastic band inside. AND--they were the cheapest! Win win! I also found some cute empire style shirts at TJ Maxx on clearance :)

In other news... Ian and I went to the cellar last night for dinner and blues music. I love the blues! Sunday I had dinner with Nickie & Gene--which was tastylicious as usual :) We also watched some crazy yet entertaining vampire show on HBO, "True Blood". I have two words, "SOOKI SOOKI!" (in an extreme southern accent) Jeff has tomorrow off, because he's getting more work done on his tree tattoo. I'll have to post a picture of it. Okay, I'm done rambling/ranting!

No comments: