Monday, April 20, 2009

Doritos are a vegetable...

Everyday as I'm feeding the baby and taking care of chores, etc... I constantly have blog titles running through my head: "There's a fountain in the baby's tub! Oh Wait...", "Zoo creatures strike back", "Let freedom ring", "Sexy? Nate??", CSI has gone astray", "pumpin' for freedom"... But I can barely post once a week.
Anyway, back to the subject at hand... We've gone through a lot of Doritos lately, which I had previously sworn off. But they're made out of corn... Which technically makes them a vegetable... Yes? No? Or are they just in their own group... JUNK. Hmmm... I also bought hotdogs and macaroni salad last week. There is something seriously wrong with me.
Cadiem will be 7 weeks old on Wednesday, he's so old! Haha. He's making new noises, and I think he's really close to laughing :) Our schedule/routine is going well, we're starting to tweak it a little. We've started doing a bottle feed for his "sneak attack" feeding (dream feed). That way he doesn't wake up since it takes less effort than breastfeeding and we know he's getting enough food to make it through several hours... And we all get more sleep! YAY!!
Last week Jeff forced me out of the house since I had/have the fever... Of the cabin variety... haha. Nickie and I went to Poor Billy's and had a yumalicious dinner. I got to eat seared tuna for the first time in almost a year! That's so weird! We also indulged in a little vino as well--guilt free with the on-hand bottles--woohoo!
Saturday we got to "stop in"at Eric & Nichole's BBQ. They had a fantastic spread of food--as usual :) And lots of games set up in their backyard that unfortunately we didn't get to play--maybe next time! It took us FOREVER to get out of the house--but I'm sure we'll get better at that. Cadiem was also getting pretty fussy after about an hour of being there... Also, I'm sure it's weird for all of our friends to hear a baby screaming at a party! Haha. But I'm sure some of them will join the fun soon enough :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it's about time you posted! but i know the emperor keeps you busy with his demands. glad to hear you got out of the house :)

mini_mull said...

Don't worry someday you'll look back and think how easy this was compared to life down the road. It feels like forever while you're living it, but once it's gone it went by way to fast. He's got your mouth, poor kid. ;-) Good job being a mom. You're a natural. Before you know it you'll be able to do anything with a baby on your hip.

Anonymous said...

Gee cassie Cadiem is so cute and can tell he is growing.sounds like you are doing real well adjusting to all the new jobs you have now a long with your other old one.Love you.Grandma