Wednesday, March 2, 2011

They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8...

Shunting trucks and hauling freight... Red and green and brown and blue... They're the really useful crew!
Yes, I can now sing the Thomas theme song! Cadiem is still very obsessed with Thomas. I am so excited for him to open his birthday presents--all Thomas stuff of course :) He's turning two this Friday. Saturday we're having a huge party at Jeff's house, but Cadiem and I are also going to do a celebration on his actual birthday.
Cadiem has also discovered playdough--which luckily for me, he'll play with for hours! He's trying really hard to talk. He'll repeat a word (he thinks it's a word) over and over. It's actually pretty frustrating for both of us. Tonight after he finished dinner, he was repeating "bah bah" over and over--which he said very seriously--as if I was supposed to understand. Turns out he wanted a popsicle. AHHHHHH!
Cadiem was moved up to the "twos" room at daycare about a month ago. He's doing really well. They do a lot of fun activities everyday--he probably has more fun there than at home with me! In the last week he's also made friends with another little boy in his class--they apparently hang out all day and push each other around--but in a good way. Hahaha.
Work has been pretty busy and I'm taking one class. Public Speaking. AGAIN. So far, I have an A. This is a vast improvement from before! My friend Mary and I are in the same class... It's been really interesting to see how different we are in class. I am deathly afraid of speaking in front of people... Sweaty palms, accelerated heartbeat... But Mary is a natural and has no fear! On the other hand, I don't mind writing outlines--and Mary hates writing. We all have our strengths!
Jenni Allison came to visit a couple weekend ago and we had a fantastic time :) It mostly included a little downtown crawl (after Jeff took Cadiem of course!), and she's coming back this weekend--Yay!!
My mom is coming to visit in about two weeks--mainly for Cadiem's birthday--but for some reason, she didn't want to come to the kegger! Heh heh heh.
I'm joining the softball team at work, if we get enoug people for a team... Haven't played since junior high I think... Hopefully I can still hit the ball. Maybe I'll just pretend that the bat is a tennis racket. I already told them to not expect me to catch. Haha. I'm in it for the beer!
Well, I guess that's it! I've got some new pics up--and I'll post more after Cadiem's birthday :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I read this while watching a thomas video. Those trains aren't very nice. I can't believe our boys are turning 2. It just doesn't seem possible.

Laura said...

I read this while watching a thomas video. Those trains aren't very nice. I can't believe our boys are turning 2. It just doesn't seem possible.

M&M + C said...

Hahaha--I think I'm really starting to like the trains! I know, they're such little boys! Can't wait to see them play together!