Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yeah, I'm grinning at a post, a post in Pittsburgh. No idea why! Perhaps there's something shiny on the ground or something... Hmmm...
I had a wonderful time at the Ivey's for Thanksgiving (and Christmas!). We at a lot of yummy food, I even put on a few pounds. I think it may have been all the crazy cheese we were eating.
Which of course went very well with wine ;) We also had a bunch of other yummy treats like Nina's cocoa. It was also fun to be around Fletcher. It was really interesting to see him signing. He can say please and thank you! He also talks quite a bit. We played a lot of Scrabble and Banana Grams... I didn't win a single game! Bri and I also watched the BBC version of "Pride & Prejudice". Which was pretty terrible, but we still loved it since we're both obsessed with it :)
Nate's nephew Ross was in a trombone concert in Pittsburgh, which luckily turned out to be indoors. It was a stage full of all trombones playing Christmas music. It was really cool!
I did really miss Cadiem, but it was also kind of nice to have a bit of a vacation, without diapers ;)

Cadiem spent his first "overnight visit" with Jeff yesterday. Not that they haven't been spending time together previously, but Jeff now has everything set up and was able to have him overnight. He is also going to have him this Saturday. Weird! Me, alone on Saturday night? I might get into trouble! It's weird to not have Cadiem here, but I guess I have to get used to it! I am really glad that Jeff got his place set up. We are getting along well, but he's been at my house with Cadiem while I wasn't home... I was getting annoyed coming home to a million lights on! Ugh!

I had a bunch of people over Saturday night for dinner and to get help decorating my tree. Luckily, Eric was happy to put the lights on the tree. Which saved me from being a crazy-freaky-perfectionist. I have this thing about the cords not showing--which of course isn't even possible to do... So, it DRIVES ME CRAZY!! Thanks to Nickie and Mary for bringing desserts... Addictive cranberry bliss bars and yummy apple pie (respectively :). And Sean for his beer creations! Which I have not been able to sample yet, but maybe tomorrow :)

No comments: